- This event has passed.
The Dawson Academy UK – The Art and Science of Equilibration
January 16 @ 8:30 am - January 18 @ 12:30 pm
Equilibration is a simple but often misunderstood concept that is the cornerstone to truly minimally invasive dentistry. As a participant, you will discover the importance of the trial equilibration and be given the opportunity to adjust several different case types to insure your complete understanding of the material presented.
Through lecture and hands-on you will learn the principles of equilibration, how to perform a trial equilibration and how to equilibrate a full coverage splint. We will cover how to equilibrate provisional restorations to fulfil our occlusal goals as well as how to equilibrate the natural dentition. Finally we will discuss when equilibration is the best option and when it should not be used.
- Design a stable, minimal stress occlusion (lines on the front, dots on the back).
- Recognise when to equilibrate your patient, and when other options should be considered.
- Identify how to schedule the equilibration appointment.
- Choose appropriate articulation paper to mark each type of occlusal interference.
- Assess when an occlusal splint should be considered prior to reshaping, repositioning or restoring.
- Evaluate how to efficiently equilibrate the natural dentition.
- Select, train and work with a dental assistant to efficiently adjust an occlusal splint and/or equilibrate the dentition.
- Verify when to use a full arch occlusal splint, and when to use an anterior deprogramming appliance.